About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Sunday 15 April 2012

Fashion photos of inspiration...

I looked through a variety of magazines(marie claire, hapers bazaar to visually get images that trigger my mind to relate to my project whether it be the colours, textures, prints the technqiue i thought they were all relevant and were a good source of inspiration and influence...


This just screams swan at me. The colour and the texture works so well, it's tightfitting around the bodice and fans out like a swans wings would; the feathers are a direct link to a birds feathers and the delicate beading acts as a method to represent the textures.

One of my favourite photos, love the beading with the contrasting texture of wool and tweed- Chanel, £7,288

Again i love the beading,i like how the sewuins add light. This silk sequined dress is by Roberto Cavalli, £3,235

Sequined silk jersey dress,Moschino, 31585

Silk top, £450 by Aquascutum. Silk lacquered skirt, £341 by Philosophy di alberta ferretti

Alexander Mcqueen. Love the textures and colours a direct link (for me) to flamingos.

Chanel. This image itself reminded me of a swan. Due to the sleek dynamic of the dress and the lace adds texture and detail like a wing does. Looking closely at the photo it looks like they have used the dissolvable fabric technique leaving just the thread its that delicate, perhaps?

Chanel. Again this photo is a direct link to a swan, with it's feathers and beading and is pictured within a water scape putting the dress into context.

'Wings of a dove' it may not be inspired by the birds i have chosen to focus on but the idea of the drapery being a characterisation for the wings is what i love ! By Chloe £3,430



I like this due to it's tight fit dress with intricate beading, just like a birds feather texture!

This reminded me of a flamingo i know the colours aren't right but due to its a symetric shape and the heavy ruffles around the neck, trigger my mind into thinking flamingo!!

I love this photo although it'sblack, it triggered me to think about the postures of the birds and the relation it has with humans!

This again, is a delicate piece of sequins and beads and the fabric is very lightweight. I want to use lightweight fabrics to get the effect of lightness that can be layered up to become like feathers. The idea of using lightweight fabric should correspond with the idea of the feather!

I'm going to be looking at everything now, thinking flamingo! swan!

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment