About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Thursday 6 September 2012

Can't wait for our Prague weekend.

Historical Center of Prague

It's coming up very soon and i cannot wait to go, i have a Prague book that i can use that was lent to me and i brought a czech phrasebook today for 50p! We are going to embrace the czech/bohemian lifestyle as we are trying to learn very simple phrases to get us by. Were hoping to walk everywhere so it gives us a chance to explore hidden streets and fascinating views. We already know some places that we would like to go and see and visit.
Pedestrians walking across the Charles Bridge
The charles bridge (commissioned by King Charles IV in 1357) overlooks the river vltava and sounds very historic and impressive!! Each statue along the bridge represents something or someone and we will be armed with the book so we know a little about each one. It also says that at either end of the bridge there are little towers that during the summer you can climb for 30CZK which is about 1 english pound!
St Vitus Cathedral and Prague Castle at Dusk
The Prague Castle is home to churches, alleyways, gardens, residence and museums. In particular the toy museum. I have never heard of the toy museum but my friend mentioned about the barbie collection and so i googled it. And found that it is housed in the toy museum and has a whole floor dedicated to barbie dolls.
Old Town Square in Prague
Old Town Square looks absolutley beautiful. I was looking on a street view on google maps of the route i would need to take, and i found some loevly patterned tiled streets amongst a ray of colourful terraced houses with intricate exterior detail. The astronomical clock is also situated here which has a wealth of history behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment