About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Thursday 11 October 2012

1950s floral inspiration.


 
After my flower drawing workshop with Nick on Monday i wanted to take these drawings further and develop them into prints (also following the photoshop induction on Monday!) All of this week i have been practising photoshop skills to make a successful repeat pattern. To gain inspiration i took to our nuca library and sourced some print books both (1-1950s fashion print by marnie fogg and 2-1950s floral graphics) on 1950s fashion/floral prints and what was popular in that time period. I found that the floral graphics was much more of use to me as it produced some great colour ways and a variety of repeat choices in there. Whereas 1950s fashion prints focused on areas of interest from the 1950s like domestics. This was more informative to me in learning about the history of the 1950s but didn't gain a huge inspiration from it. Here are some prints i found particularly interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment