About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Second day at uni la la la LA !

We came in today fully focused on what we wanted and got on with editing our design ready to transfer onto kodatrace. We covered up some of the tartan like lines so we could add bulk and interesting marks. We picked up some of the textures from our drawings and continued these into the background to link our drawings in with the overall design. I feel much more positive about our print now and cannot wait to start printing with it.


We added in more drawings,a bird, umbrella,show and a peg that we later added in extra detail.


Our final revised design with detail in there and marks made in the background.

I feel it looks more successful as a repeat print as there is more going on compared to previous where it looked a bit weak in design as the lines didn't add much character or attractiveness. Adding in the drawings also added in more focal points to the overall design.


Once our design was in place we could start applying our design onto kodatrace. Everything that we wanted printed had to be made opaque in order for it to be exposed onto a screen. We went with the method of applying block colours on one kodatrace and on the second one we would add highlighted areas and detail. Lets hope it all goes to plan, and we can edit parts and make it more interesting with the lines we will create.

No comments:

Post a Comment