About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Monday 1 October 2012

first day back on the first day off the month in my second year of university

Wow! The summer has flown by i cannot believe i am in my second year of my textiles degree already. However, today went off with a bang, and i feel like i never left it is pretty full on, but i wouldn't want an art degree any other way. Our first project of the year is a quick fast paced 2 week repeat project where we have to work in a small group to create our print design. I am not overly happy with ours at the moment due to different personalities and the way we all work, so i feel alittle editing coming along when it comes to transferring our drawings ontokodatrace ready to be exposed onto a screen. Today has been very educational, imade several drawings in a short space of time and just because i don't like the outcome that much doesn't mean i have been any less successful. I now have a good idea and what works and what doesn't and how i can develop it further (hopefully). This is on tomorrows to do list along with a jam packed day again, no doubt. I can't wait i like to be kept busy at a nice pace, not overly busy so i am stressed and not that busy so i am not doing much.
This year is shaping up to be a busy one, we have a digital project straight after this, and lots of induction on all things computed aided including the digitial loom, cad embroiderer, laser cutter and digital printing. It'll open my eyes to so much more. We also have to take part in some external work experience, and enter competitions. We also get an exciting opportunity to exhibit and sell our work at Premiere vision in Paris!!!!!


This is what i hope we can edit tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment