About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Thursday 11 October 2012

I think i have learnt how to repeat pattern PROPERLY in photoshop.

Today has been a good day, a much better day than yesterday. I had a lecture first thing this morning that was held by Les (lesbicknell.blogspot.com) and his lectures he gives are a real mind blowing experience. He makes you think so deep into things that you even begin to think into things that you would have never though possible. After an eye opener of a talk, i took a very brave step into the oppostie building at university and stepped into the digital design room. Considering i am never in this building let alone in a computer room on my own, this was a step forward (literally!) and i learnt a few tips on photoshop like how to edit a dawing, how to adjust levels and how to make sure they are the standard of which is good to print onto acetate with. I got these straight into the print room ready to be put onto a screen of which i aim to do next week! Between this and 3pm i had spare time of which i put together 2 layers of kodatrace for another type of print, pat of this project is exploring all of the different types of repeat that print can offer, obviously the list is endless but i want to explore as many as i can as print is something i am very interested in learning about. I had my tutorial at the end of the day, and learnt that my strengths lie with my drawing and that i should continue to gain imagery from my drawing as this opens up so many options for me - print, stitch, repeats, digital art, illustration and acts as a source of inspiration. I also,after this caught our photoshopteacher who taught us more photoshop and for me clarified up all of the points i was obviosuly missing for why my repeats never repeated properly. I am pleased to say they are going well so far tonight and i feel much more confident and better about the project already this just proves to me that all my sleepless nights and negative thoughts stem from that fact that i was getting very stressed over the dreaded p word. I am going to continue makng repeats after i have posted this, i am very excited and motiated right now to explore more printing repeats. Here are some of mine so far...



I will definetley put more time into refining these but i was a bit excited over the fact that i have learnt how to repeat without a line showing, and how they repeat and not knowing what the actual repeat is.

No comments:

Post a Comment