About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Thursday 11 October 2012

lateral thinking.

Part of Les' talk this morning was about lateral thinking and sourcing inspiration from unlikely sources that can have even the slightest of impacts you. It could be a colour, it could be a question, it could have nothing to do with what you are doing as long as it ticks into your mind and allows it to relate to your theme in one way or another...
Love the cut out shapes, reminds me of one of my scissor drawings negative space.
Also contrasting repetitive prints.
Fendi Spring/Summer 2012.
Pinned Image
metals-part of the objects i've looked at all contain mechanical parts like bolts, screws, nuts, springs and metal materials.
Pinned Image
metal made feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment