About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Friday 12 October 2012

From a repeat project to a norwich scarf.

I have been thinking today after my cad embroidery induction that i would like to have a natural transformation from my repeat project where i have been focusing on flowers,pegs,scissors and other 'mechanical' looking objects. Norwich to me was where i was born, and i would like to take this as my starting point - a birthing place -  A people place where 132,000 people live in the Norwich City council area. I would like to investigate the transformation of birth to the working person that journey that they go on. Just like a flower starts as a bud in one persons home and blooms into a flower and is more of a concerntrated and controlled transformation.
Here are some images that i have found inspiring and are quite lateral and far off the target but can be used as starting points, colour palettes and techniques.
Post image for Paper Sculptures made from tax returns and rejection letters
Paper sculptures made from tax returns and receipts.
Post image for Nomadic Wonderland by Eunsuk Hur
Eunsuk Har.
Lasercut.

Jigsaw wallpaperJigsaw wallpaper close up








Tracey Kendall.
- a wallpaper designer/artist.

This piece of work interests me as this jigsaw wallpaper has been arranged in a way that you cannot ever tell what the image was.  A jigsaw to me signifies different aspects of someones life, different events, chapters, people, history and experience. All of this makes that one person. Using something simple and perhaps 'child-like' in a professional and mature way supports my idea of going forward with idea from birth to adult and the idea of laser cutting - this is all very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment