About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Friday 12 October 2012

Inspirational:Eunsuk Har.

Post image for Nomadic Wonderland by Eunsuk Hur
Eunsuk Har is a textile graduate from central saint martins and is someone who interests me as part of the start of my new project of transformation in quite a mechanical and sculptural way. She uses sublimation printing onto wood, acid printing onto wool felt and etches into leather. She creates multi dimensional and directional pieces that can be worn by the user how they would like as a way of demonstrating her aim : "temporal identities and constantly transformative human nature".
eunsuk-hur-nomadic-wonderland-3
eunsuk-hur-nomadic-wonderland-2
Her collection is called the 'nomadic wonderland' and its purpose is decided by it's user and could be used for interior accessories or fashion.
eunsuk-hur-nomadic-wonderland-9
eunsuk-hur-nomadic-wonderland-12
I think that this artist suits my potential work well due to it's complex context and the fact that it comes with a meaning. It has been created on purpose, to inform the user and the viewer about a deep and meaningful issue. I also feel that laser cutting could be used in my work, as i am excited about our laser cutter induction that is soon approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment