About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Monday 15 October 2012

It's all in the research.

Today we had our first contextual studies lesson of the year and i feel lucky to have elaine as she is very knowledgable and she too is doing a masters degree in further research. She is also very easy to talk to. I wrote down a lot of websites i could use to help me gain inspiration, ideas and trends which i have tried to do tonight. I have come up with my initial starting point of my new project: childhood. Nick said : what is Norwich to you? Norwich to me is my birthplace, it is also the birthplace of my siblings; coming froma large family this is a personal subject and something i get lots of ideas from. My youngest siblings are ages 2,6 and 9 years old which is perfect as it allows me to explore my childhood(past) in comparison to theirs (present). It allows me to take a journey through time and record memories that i have of my childhood and theirs in and around Norwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment