About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Friday 24 August 2012

been sewing today

Developing a quick continuous line drawing into stitch, applique and free embroidery.

Windmill.
Free embroidery and inks. This picture is from the broads from when we went camping a week or so ago. I really liked the little flags from the windmill; it gave it a quirky look.

I love little bits like this, where they're very simple but with slight detailing like the buttons it can give off so much character in a colourful frame with twinkle lights around it, or a string of dry flowers it'll look great hung up in the house somewhere.
 
I had a day off today and thought i'd make use of my time by drawing and sewing. Something of which Gabi Bolton said i should do more (drawing) and develop it into something, and some of the people i work with expressed that they like my free embroidery pictures which gave me a little boost into wanting too do more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment