About Me

My photo
hello my name is jessica, but jess is what i am known as !I survived my first year at university and am now working hard in my second year at my textiles degree! I come from a large family, so theres always something to blog about right?! Primarily it'll be my textiles work, but somedays i may just be too busy to write about my hectic day! Happy, busy days!

Saturday 25 August 2012

collaboration poster with Original Little Bird designer: Gabi Bolton.

 
Over the past few weeks i have been in contact with Gabi about opportunities for work experience. She gave me a little brief of which was to explore text within a pop up poster that she could use for her upcoming show in Paris. I used photoshop where i was able to manipulate shapes into different sizes and appearance, adding in different styled text in a variety of sizes. I was shown a few images beforehand to get my mind ticking and so i knew what to aim for...
I went with a circus inspired theme with the vintage looking texts/fonts with contrasting subtle texts.
 
 
These were my original drafts of exploring texts with the combination of different shapes. I stuck with red, white and blue to continue the french inspired theme. Oncei had shown Gabi my first template, it was deemed quite successful, i needed to change it portrait way so it was easier to spot from a distance and therefore easily read.
These were a few variations i had that were portrait style... These are not as successful due to the important information being down the side of the page and making it even more un easy to read!
The top few images were my ones where explored different aspects of text and shapes. Gabi then took my poster as a raw material and edited and developed it with her own pattern and style.
Although i didn't have much input into it; i gained alot of knowledge from this activity and hope to be able to progress with these simple ideas in the future whether it be university based or independantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment